Monday, July 06, 2015

Clowns

I hear quite a bit that people fear clowns more than anything. I firmly believe that is a statement said purely for the sake of others hearing (you) spout something mildly clever. I don't buy it for a second. I think being in a live war zone with shells and bullets going off left and right would over shadow being next to a clown. A car accident. Like when the car rolls over and so forth. I've been riding shotgun in a situation like that and I stayed shook for a good long time. So the clown thing, I'm just not buying it. I did a bunch of clown portraits here. I wanted to see if I could re-imagine Pennywise from Steven King's IT. Ultimatelty I had fun just rendering out the blobby shapes and seeing if I could get the expressions right. That's about it. So there you go, a bunch of clowns.

No comments: