A moment on the freeway.

We were driving home from our first anniversary when I saw this. It was nothing more than a thin layer of dark on the horizon, a yellow layer of flowers and lastly the base which consisted of stalks, dry grass and dust turning to mud. All of this capped off by a cloud covered sky that, simply put, was just a chunk of grey. I wish I could have taken a photo of it. It was such a simple terrain. The wood posts were pretty saturated by the rain at that point and that, I believe, was the last I could remember from the moment. In reality the dark on the horizon might not have been that dark and perhaps a littler thinner. Plus I'm sure there was a lot of contrast that might have made what appeared dark, even darker, but in reality was probably like 40% grey. Whatever. That's not remotely the point. The point is, I saw this and didn't want to let go. So, I didn't.

Comments