Friday, August 05, 2016

So I Bought a Scanner

The sketches I was doing directly on the computer I was not fond of in the slightest. They were disjointed and incoherent and a multitude of other things and I didn't know it because all I was thinking about was the number of silhouettes I was generating and not the content. Of course I didn't know this because I needed to fail and get frustrated before I was mad enough to go seek out the answer. I bought a number of Gumroad videos and settled on one that I felt I could benefit from the most. John Park. Look him up and judge for yourself.

That said I went about doing the first couple of steps in his program. The idea is simple. Now knock out a ton of shapes in a short amount of time. He said make one page. I got a little carried away.

The first page are squares with stuff inside them and legs holding them up. One is a teapot... with legs holding him up. One I cheated and did on the computer. All the following pages were done lighting quick. I'm not going to make posting a landslide of sketches like this a habit. I just really enjoyed making them and want to share.



No comments: